Below is a list of helpful website links we've gathered for your convenience and our notes about each
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
This site provides information on carseat, airbag, and seatbelt safety, current immunization schedule, physician referrals, child care books and many position statements of the AAP on various topics.
- General Pediatric Topics (From American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Kids Health (Educational Health Site for Parents & Children)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Food Allerges
- Diabetes Information
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
This site provides information on immunizations, lead poisoning, "Health Information from A to Z", traveler's health, and poisoning prevention.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
This site provides information on product recalls, and has an interactive safety page for children.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
This site provides information on lead, drinking water, pesticides, asbestos and other topics affecting your child's health. There is also an interactive home page just for children.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
This site provides information on immunizations, medications, and food safety, along with an interactive home page for children.
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC)
This site allows user to download and print vaccine information statements (VIS), containing pertinent facts about immunizations.
- Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Chicago
This site offers many useful links to programs and hospitals.
- Kids In Danger
This non-profit organization is dedicated to protecting babies and young children from unsafe products.
- Children's Memorial Hospital
This site provides information about the hospital, maps to all satellite locations, activities for children, current research, and patient education classes.
- Evanston Hospital (ENH)
This site provides information about the hospital and patient education classes.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH)
This site provides information about the hospital and physician referrals.
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Children’s Digestive Health and Nutrition Foundation
- Celiac Disease
- Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children
- USDA Dietary Guidelines
- Car Seat Information
- National Highway Safety Administration
- Poison Control
- Traveler’s Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Learning Disabilities
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Autism Speaks
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Health
- Children & Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Chicago Area Adoption Support
- National Association for Down Syndrome (Based in Wilmette, Il)
- National Down Syndrome Society
- Information regarding children’s needs in a divorce situation
- Ideas for appropriate visitation for children in various developmental stages