Dr. Howard Rice founded Town & Country Pediatrics as a solo practice on Chicago’s North Side in 1972.
Thanks to our loyal Town & Country families, we’ve grown since then. Our twenty physicians, three certified nurse practitioners, licensed clinical psychologist and two child/adolescent and family therapists see patients seven days a week, with expanded hours, at three Chicagoland locations.
Look how far we’ve come!
- 1972 - Town & Country Pediatrics founded in Lincoln Park by Dr. Howard Rice.
- 1980 - Opened a second office in Wood Dale, Illinois. This office eventually moved to Northbrook.
- 1990 - The Lincoln Park office moved from Lincoln/Webster to North Clybourn Avenue.
- 1990 - The practice had grown to five pediatricians with two offices.
- 1994 - Our first Certified Nurse Practitioner joined the practice.
- 1997 - Opened a second “city” office on the North side at Cicero/Peterson.
- 1999 - The Clybourn office was expanded to double its size to handle the growing practice.
- 2000 - The Northbrook office moved to Glenview.
- 2002 - Peterson office moved to its current location at Lincoln/Devon, now known as the “Lincoln” office.
- 2006 - The practice had grown to 16 doctors, a nurse practitioner, and a social worker.
- 2008 - The Clybourn office was moved to its current location at 1460 N. Halsted and renamed the “Halsted” office.
- 2010 - The Glenview office moved to its current location, 2601 N. Compass Drive, near “The Glen,” in Glenview, Illinois.
- 2011 - The Glenview office expanded its hours to offer evening hours four days a week.
- 2012 - The Glenview office expanded its hours to offer appointments on Sundays. Both Halsted and Glenview are now open seven days a week.
- 2012 - The Halsted office expanded its hours to offer an early morning, “Early Hours” clinic weekday mornings from 7:15 – 9:30 a.m.
- What comes next? Town & Country will continue to evolve with the needs of our families. Electronic Medical Records, expanded facilities and hours for our Lincoln location, greater on-line services. You tell us!